Southerly is seeking the services of an Administrator for 5 months from September 2016. This role involves between ten to fourteen hours per week. Specific duties include:
- Correspondence with all editors, contributors, agencies, and general public, both email and postal;
- Maintenance of the subscription list;
- All banking and financial transactions, including processing all sales and subscriptions, payment of authors, collating and preparing material for the financial auditor, quarterly reconciliations with other literary journals, monthly statement audits;
- Online and technical management, including posting blogs and other announcements on the website and on Facebook and Twitter, website maintenance, maintenance of the online store;
- Submissions maintenance, including corresponding with potential authors regarding submissions as queries arise and checking the online submissions system;
- Assisting the editors prepare grant applications and acquittals;
- Preparing audits for the Australia Council on each published issue;
- Organisation of the issue mail out;
- Preparing reports on Southerly’s activities for the quarterly board meetings of the English Association.
The position will involve one day of paid training.
Please send a brief CV and a covering letter outlining your ability to take on these tasks by 31 May 2016 to admin [at] southerlylitmag.com.au/. Please use the subject heading Southerly admin role.